top of page

Filming on council owned land

In order to ensure Film in Argyll can adapt to this change in guidance and to cope with the volume of enquiries, we are now asking all productions to submit the following documentation/information and allow for 10 working days before their proposed filming date if they wish to film on Council owned land:

  • Risk Assessments

  • Dates of Proposed Filming

  • Number of Cast & Crew

  • Map and Location List

  • CAA Drone Cert and Operating Procedure Documents (if applicable)

Please note, permit requests will not be progressed until the above documentation/information is provided.

road closures and parking requests

If you require to close a road or car park for filming purposes, requests and temporary traffic order applications must be submitted with a minimum of 4 weeks' notice. Full information on our TTRO process can be found here. Our TTRO application can be downloaded here. We encourage getting intouch with us at the earliest opportunity to discuss your requirements. 

filming on privately owned land

Film in Argyll are committed to assisting all productions with land ownership queries and can provide contact details for various locations across Argyll and Bute from our extensive database. Please do get in touch if you require this service. 

bottom of page